Assignment #1

 

With knowledge on the process of communication and its functions, we can say that communication keeps the world moving. Thus, studying it is worthy of the time and effort. Here, you need to revisit your experiences and recall different communication situations that reflect the function of communication that you have just studied. Cite at least two situations for each observed function of communication by completing the table below.

 

Functions of Communications

Experienced Situations

1.      Control

1.      I experienced having control over a party of 12 aspiring councilors back when I was in elementary. I asked them to memorize the yell of our group and sing the lyrics of a trendy song that everyone loved.

 

2.     Our adviser told us to line up straight, male and female separated, before going to the venue of the recollection. We did not proceed to the venue unless our teacher approves out line. It took us almost 10 minutes before leaving.
         

2.      Motivation

1.      I could have never joined last year’s pageant without the support of my batchmates. I faced every possible impediment that could existed: financial problems and being intimidated by competitors who gave their all during practice. I could have given up, but they told me that they believe in me and my skills and will support me until the very end.

 

2.     I know a someone who experiences abuse and discrimination by his friend. I motivated him to speak up for himself because he will be the only one who can cease the unfair treatment of others. Gladly, he did.

3.      Social Interaction                                                   

                      1.   The first day of classes in Quezon Science High School involved making an activity with my new classmates.

 

             2.   I enrolled in a badminton summer class and I was told to go and exercise with the other trainees. They welcomed me with gestures and humble words.

 

4.      Emotional Expression

                  1.    I wrote a journal for someone I really admired. It was filled with happy memories of us together.

 

            2  I had burst into tears as I talk with my Aunt about the death of my grandfather.

     

5.      Information Dissemination

            1.   I created editorial articles since the lockdown started. The paper published my works where everyone is free to read and be informed about current issues.

 

            2 . I researched about the independent variable of our study.

 

Comments